Backyard Fitness Circuit CoursePrint Page
Skip the screen this summer and get outside! Enjoy the outdoors and get your heart pumping with a Backyard Fitness Circuit Course. Fitness circuit courses are a fun and interactive way for anyone to be physically active. These courses consist of setting up several stations of different activities that kids rotate through in a short period of time (one or two minutes).
Consider including some of these fitness stations in your Backyard Fitness Circuit Course:
- Movement Dice: On index cards, write down 10 different exercises such as push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, etc. Randomly pick a card. Using dice, roll a number. That’s the number of exercise you’ll need to do!
- Throw a Frisbee to a target. How many times can you hit the target before rotating to the next station?
- Pull a wagon along a sidewalk chalk path.
- Throw bean bags into a laundry basket or corn hole set.
- Basketball throw! How many baskets can you make?
- Throw a water balloon at a target.
- Walk the tight rope using a jump rope or garden hose. If you fall off, you have to start again!
- “Army crawl” from one cone to another.
- Bowling: Using half-filled water bottles, arrange them in the shape of a triangle. Using a heavier ball, try to knock down all the bottles.
- Water Bottle Toss: Set up 10-20 half-filled water bottles in the shape of a rectangle. Using diving rings, see if you can toss the rings onto the water bottles.
- Hula Hoop Hop: Spread hula hoops hopping distance apart so you have to hop from one to another without stepping outside of the hoops.
- Balloon Hunt: Inflate 5 balloons for each child participating. Using an upside-down laundry basket, try to capture all of the balloons as they try to float away.
- Shoe Box Race: Place a shoe box on each person’s feet. Run to the cone and back as fast as possible without falling.
- Noodle Toss: Hang a hula hoop from a tree. Using pool noodles, see how many noodles you can throw through the hula hoop before rotating to the next station!
- Run through the sprinkler (this is good for the finale!)