Our core values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Action for Healthy Kids is committed to building and sustaining an organization that seeks and embraces diversity, actively pursues equity, and fosters an inclusive environment. We value diversity across multiple and intersectional dimensions, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, disability status, and age. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and strive to ensure all voices are heard. Our commitment is built on an unwavering belief that our differences are our strengths and will bring us closer to our organizational vision that every kid is healthy, active and ready to learn; increase organizational performance; support culture and climate; and advance employee retention and leadership opportunities.
Action for Healthy Kids is committed to transforming our organization – personally, interpersonally, institutionally and structurally – by confronting our own biases and operationalizing our values. We know that intention alone will not impact inequities. We appreciate that growth happens when people embrace being uncomfortable, and hold themselves and colleagues accountable for learning and implementing inclusive and equitable practices, both in and out of the office. Open minds mean better solutions and happier people. We are committed to non-discriminatory systems and actively strive to provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement across the organization.
Our Core Values
In everything we do and in supporting our employees, we strive to meet the following core values.
- Hungry for Change: We are driven to create sustainable change that dramatically improves the lives of kids for generations to come.
- Think Big: We harness our creativity and innovative thinking to advance our organization’s growth and tackle critical issues facing society today, knowing we must try new solutions, even if some fail along the way.
- Flexible: We are open and adaptable to change, meet people where they are, and flexible in our thoughts and processes to get the job done and drive results.
- Caring: We care – about the quality of our work, the people with whom we work, and the people who benefit from our work.
- Collaborative: We believe relationships are foundational to our success and the key to creating a better society, both internally, as we work together to drive our mission, and externally, as we seek to maximize the impact of partners.
- Work Hard, Play Hard: We’re passionate about our work, but at the end of the day, we know it’s time to pursue our own health and happiness.
We're in this together
We are committed to fighting the child health crisis by equipping educators, parents, community members, and businesses with the resources needed to help kids lead healthier lives.