Fun with WaterPrint Page
Enjoy summer weather and beat the heat by playing water games. It’s a great way to exercise and stay cool together!
Supplies needed: 2 buckets per team, 1 cup per team
- Put children into as many teams as needed (4-6 people per team is ideal).
- Fill one bucket for each team and place it at a beginning line where game will start.
- Place a plastic cup in the bucket of water. On “Go” the first person on each team will scoop up a glass of water and run to the other side where additional empty buckets have been placed.
- When the water is deposited, the child runs back to the start line with the empty cup and drops the empty cup in the bucket of water.
- The next person in line repeats the process. The first team to fill the empty bucket with water is the winner!
Don’t Get Wet!
Supplies needed: Multiple sprinklers
- Set up a number of sprinklers in between a starting line and a finish line.
- Have one of the kids control the faucet, turning it on and off at random.
- Have the children try to run from one end to the other without getting sprayed. The one who is least wet wins!
Water Balloon Volley
Supplies needed: Water balloons, beach towels, volleyball net (or similar net)
- Divide kids into two teams. Teams will stand on opposite sides of the net.
- Within each team, have children divide into pairs.
- Each pair gets a beach towel, and each child holds two corners of the towel.
- One team begins by placing a water balloon in the center of their towel. The object is to toss the balloon from one pair of kids to another, with the opposing side catching the balloon in their towel. This game can be played with one balloon (similar to volleyball) or with multiple balloons.
Supplies needed: Hose, music
- Set up a water hose in a grassy area and turn on “limbo” music.
- Line kids up as in traditional limbo.
- One person is in charge of the water hose, shooting a powerful stream of water for kids to limbo under.
- Start with the hose high, and then lower the stream of water after each round.
Supplies needed: Kiddie pool, 1 chair per person, 1 bucket per person, ice cubes
- Have kids sit in a chair along the edge of a kiddie pool filled with water.
- Each player has their own empty bucket beside them. Dump a big pile of ice cubes into the pool and spread them around.
- At the starting signal, players must pick up as many ice cubes as they can and put them into their own buckets…they must use only their feet!
- The player who collects the most ice cubes within a designated time period is the winner.