We have tons of resources to help you with your Every Kid Healthy Week event, including ways to promote at school, how to get the whole school community involved and excited, and tips and tricks to reinforce and model healthy habits at home.
Every Kid Healthy Week events should promote and reinforce healthy habits, good nutrition, emotional health and physical activity.
Help celebrate Every Kid Healthy Week by promoting wellness, good nutrition, and physical activity with your own family – healthy habits start at home.
APRIL 20, 2020
- Incorporate physical actvity and brain breaks in the classroom to focus and relax students.
- Help them explore their imagination with sensory play.
- Practice yoga and mindfulness in the classroom.
- Set positive intentions with your kids.
- Teach your kids simple mindfulness techniques.
- Help your kids sleep better with yoga before bed.
APRIL 21, 2020
- Host a taste test at school.
- Spruce up the school cafeteria.
- Plant an indoor or outdoor school garden.
- Encourage healthy eaters at home with these nutrition resources.
- Grocery shop together and pick new fruits and veggies for a family taste test.
- Cook a healthy meal at home together as a family.
APRIL 22, 2020
Earth Day Wellness Wednesday
- Take your classroom outside for part of the day or go on a nature walk.
- Plant trees on your school campus.
- Start a recycling program at your school.
- Limit screen time, reduce your electriciy use, and enjoy a family game night instead.
- Make a family activity improving your home’s sustainability with simple green upgrades.
- Read books together as a family about living green, reducing your carbon footprint, recycling and more.
APRIL 23, 2020
- Create inspired spaces for creative learning.
- Add a sensory hallway or space to the classroom.
- Build empathy and social relationships with circle time.
- Write love notes to your kids.
- Create more play time for your kids.
- Use sensory play for kids to explore their emotions and feelings.
APRIL 24, 2020
- Have parents join in on school PE class.
- Engage students in active recess activities.
- Host a field day or fitness night for students and parents.
- Bike to school.
- Get fit as a family: Earn points to be active.
- Set up a backyard family fitness course.
Volunteer at your school
Anyone can make a difference during Every Kid Healthy Week. Do you love to cook? Have a green thumb? A fitness expertise like dance or martial arts? Whatever your skills or passion, your school can benefit from your time and energy. Connect with your school today.
Support Every Kid Healthy Week
Help us help schools and communities celebrate healthy, happy kids. Donate to expand our work making sure every child has access to nutritious foods, safe places to play, and opportunties to improve their physical and emotional health.
Tips & resources for a successful event
Use these resources to plan your Every Kid Healthy Week events and activities, communicate about your event, and engage passionate volunteers from the local community who can offer expertise and extra hands to help you successfully implement.
- Every Kid Healthy Week toolkit coming soon!
- How to Register Your Event– Use the School Health Portal to register your event.
- Every Kid Healthy Week Overview– Help inform your colleagues and community.
- Event flyer– Enlist parents and volunteers.
- Planning Timeline and Checklist– Use this event checklist to successfully plan and promote your event.
- Media Alert Template coming soon! Follow these instructions for sending out a media alert about your event.
- Schools don’t get to have all the fun. Any company or organization that wants to host an Every Kid Healthy Week event can register their event with us through a SurveyMonkey questionnaire.
Everyone is encouraged to join the celebration online by sharing photos of their events and actions on social media using #EveryKidHealthyWeek and #takeaction4healthykids.