Meet Our Team: Cassie Boyd
Each month, we’ll be introducing you to one of our stellar team members so you can get to know the humans behind Action for Healthy Kids.
Meet Cassie Boyd, Program Evaluator.
- Favorite place to visit in your city/town: The local pool in my town during the summer is my favorite place to go. I’m not the best swimmer, but it’s nice to just go and enjoy the water.
- Go-to healthy dinner to make: Baked catfish with roasted vegetables and rice
- What staple is always in your fridge? Cheese. Goes with many things I make on a regular basis.
- Favorite activities to do with your family or partner: Going to shows/events—experiencing the arts/music/sports is a great excuse to get out of the house and break our usual Netflix binge.
- What do you do to wind down? Typically, I clean. Towards the end of the day I’ll take time to tidy up and go to bed knowing the house is in order, making it one less thing I have to do the next day.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up? I really wanted to be a professional hairstylist.
- Favorite way(s) to get physical activity:Swimming
- If you could learn any new skill overnight, what would you choose? Mastering the cello. I used to play as a kid but never had time to get back into it.
- What motivates you in your decisions? Doing something that has a positive impact on others.
- Describe one of the most rewarding moments you’ve experienced: Back when I was an Autism Behavior Technician, it was always rewarding when my kiddos would accomplish a milestone that was initially really challenging for them—especially hearing from parents about the difference they’ve seen in their child.
Categories: Around AFHK