Autumn Kale Salad
This sweet and seasonal salad is a crowd pleaser.
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- ½ teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 12-ounce bags chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 cup crushed apple chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- ½ cup sliced red onion
Maple Cider Vinaigrette
- ½ cup organic apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Ground sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium bowl, combine butternut squash, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- For the maple cider vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients.
- Serve in a large bowl garnished with extra toppings.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!