Valentine’s Day RecipesPrint Page
Swap out the sweet treats for Valentine’s Day with these healthier (and fun to make) alternatives.
Love Potion Smoothies
Create a smoothie station for students to taste naturally sweet treats. You can use red or pink cups to add to the Valentine’s Day color theme. Put your own twist on the following recipe by adding fruits like bananas, raspberries, cherries, kiwi, pineapple, and/or mango.
- Frozen strawberries
- Plain or Greek yogurt
- Ice cubes
- Orange or apple juice
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend several seconds. If you would like a thicker smoothie, add more fruit. For a drinkable smoothie add more juice.
These love bugs are easy to make with students for a school party.
- Paring knife
- Blackberries or blueberries
- Cream cheese (optional)
- Remove the leaves from your strawberries and cut them in half. Using your paring knife, cut the top of the strawberry halves to look like hearts.
- Use your knife to cut slits in the back of the strawberries. This gives them their “wings!”
- With that done, cut a toothpick in half and attach either a blueberry or a blackberry to the rounded part of the heart.
- Optional step, use cream cheese to put “eyes” on the bugs.
Similar idea to a cake pop, but instead use fruit!
- Toothpicks or lollipop stick
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Other fruit options: Honeydew, kiwi, pineapple, etc.
- Take heart shaped cutter and cut out pieces of cantaloupe or fruit of choice. Place piece of fruit on toothpick or stick.