Whole Grain Zucchini Pear Bread
Imagine eating this treat fresh out of the oven on a chilly day!
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon iodized salt
- 1 pear, cored and finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pear, zucchini, egg, yogurt and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake until golden brown, 40-45 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!