Turkey Meatloaf Cups
Meatloaf has never looked this cute…or been this healthy!
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ cup peeled and diced carrot
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces 93% lean/7% fat ground turkey
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté the zucchini, onion and carrot until vegetables are translucent and soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the ketchup and barbecue sauce in a small bowl.
- Place vegetable mixture, ¼ cup sauce mixture and remaining ingredients in a food processor. Process until thoroughly mixed.
- Place approximately ½ cup of the mixture evenly into each muffin cup. Place1 tablespoon of sauce mixture on top of each meatloaf cup. Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover muffin pan, cook for 10 minutes covered. Remove from oven and remove cover, cook for an additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!