Strawberry Protein Power Bars
A lightly sweetened granola bar that makes the perfect snack to stave off hunger.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 8 ounces almonds, pecans and pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 ounces 70% cocoa dark choclate
- 2 ounces freeze dried strawberries, crushed
Prep time: 15 minutes
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, protein powder, nuts, honey and applesauce. Mix with hands until mixture is fully moistened. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Pour into baking pan and spread evenly to coat the bottom. Sprinkle with freeze dried strawberries.
- Crumble the oat and nut mixture on top and press firmly into pan.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into 14 bars.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!