Secret Veggie Turkey Nuggets
Cauliflower? In my nuggets?
- canola cooking spray
- ¾ cup chopped cauliflower
- ¾ cup chopped zucchini
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean fresh ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon parsley flakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine cauliflower, zucchini, yellow onion and blend to a puree.
- In a medium bowl, combine pureed vegetables, turkey and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Set 3 medium bowls in line. In the first bowl, mix flour and remaining salt and pepper. In the second bowl, whisk eggs and water together. Place breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- Roll balls in flour, then in egg mixture. Toss in breadcrumbs until completely coated; press down to form into a nugget shape. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn, and continue baking for 8 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley flakes.
TIP: Serve nuggets with your favorite sauce!
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!