Roasted Acorn Squash & Brussels Sprouts
This hearty side dish is full of vitamin C and fiber.
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 acorn squash, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon iodized salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus additional to taste
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon organic wildflower honey
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 33 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until toasted. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, place squash and Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper, and bake for 25 minutes or until crisp on the outside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest, juice, honey, vinegar and remaining tablespoon of oil to create the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss vegetables with dressing, walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Transfer to platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!