Rainbow Fruit & Pancake Skewers
This well-balanced “breakfast on a stick” is a fun way to start the day!
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1/2 cup organic plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 pineapple wedge, cored and sliced
- maple syrup
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk pancake mix, yogurt, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract and water until combined. Scoop batter 1 tablespoon at a time onto skillet.
- Cook for about 30 seconds or until the edges form bubbles. Flip and cook an additional 30 seconds. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Assemble skewers by alternating pancakes and fruit to create a rainbow effect.
- Serve with syrup, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!