Protein-Packed Breakfast Tacos
Try these energy booster tacos for breakfast on those hectic days!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 large sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, patted dry and chopped
- 2 cups of tricolor quinoa (cooked)
- 1/2 can of chickpeas
- 2-3 cups of shredded kale
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hot sauce plus additional for serving
- 12 (6-inch) thin white corn tortillas
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted pepitas
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tofu, quinoa, kale, chickpeas, and bell pepper. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in hot sauce; remove from heat. (Makes about 6 1/2 cups).
- Stack tortillas on microwave-safe plate between 2 damp paper towels. Heat in microwave oven on high 30 seconds or until warm.
- Fill tortillas with sweet potato mixture.
- Top with jalapeño and pepitas.
- Serve with lime wedges and additional hot sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Dole. Visit Dole.com for more kid-friendly recipes!