Power Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Refreshing citrus and nutrient-rich veggies pack a delicious punch.
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1½ cups shredded carrots
- 2 5-ounce packages organic arugula
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ground sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes
- For the salad: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Reserve.
- For the dressing: Whisk together lemon juice, orange zest and juice, honey, mustard and vinegar in a medium bowl. Continue whisking and slowly add oils. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dress salad with desired amount of dressing. Toss until coated.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!