Oven Baked Zucchini Fries
Is your family craving mozzarella sticks? Get them hooked on these veggie sticks instead.
- 1 cup finely crushed oats
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground peppercorn
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into wedges
- olive oil cooking spray
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Have your child help with mixing. In a medium bowl, mix together crispy oats, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Have your child help with breading the zucchini. Add zucchini to the egg and milk mixture and toss until well coated.
- Working in batches, remove zucchini from egg mixture and place directly into the crispy oat mixture. Toss until well coated and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, skin side down.
- Use the cooking spray to lightly coat the breaded zucchini. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Serve immediately on their own or with your favorite marinara sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!