New and Improved AFHK Resource Library is LIVE!
Over 250 free resources in English and Spanish!
At Action for Healthy Kids, we are dedicated to bringing parents and educators together to equip them with the tools and resources they need to support happier, healthier kids. We are excited to be partnering with the Kellogg Company Fund to expand and redesign our digital resource library and collection of curated resources now available in both English and Spanish. This will be the first time where all our resources, including those in Spanish, are in one location, allowing for greater accessibility and navigation within our site.
Parents, caregivers, and educators now have access to more than 250 free activities, tip sheets, and videos. The resources are designed specifically to require little or no preparation to accommodate the busy schedules of families and educators. Users will be able to filter the library by program, language, location, or activity type, and download their resources directly. Action for Healthy Kids is dedicated to improving the mind-body connection of children and emphasize the integration between physical activity, social-emotional learning, and nutrition education in our curated resources.
As of today, you will find:
- Over 20 resources and activities focused on staff and family wellness, including ways to strengthen family and school partnerships
- Over 30 activities and resources focused on social-emotional health
- Over 90 activities and resources focused on physical activity and play
- Over 100 activities and resources focused on nutrition
We are continuing our work to provide greater accessibility to the communities we serve, so be on the lookout for new monthly resources and upcoming events, including:
- March 11: Social-Emotional Learning Day, which will feature resources provided by our Kellogg partners to promote a nutritious meal
- April 25-29: Every Kid Healthy Week promoting kids to be healthy and active
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on our new resources and our upcoming summer series!
Action for Healthy Kids creates resources that support Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model (WSCC) presented by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). According to the CDC, “the WSCC model is student-centered and emphasizes the role of the community in supporting the school, the connections between health and academic achievement and the importance of evidence-based school policies and practices”. Learn more about this model here.