Making Health a Priority and Meaning It
Thanks to our sponsors, Action for Healthy Kids has provided $9.3 million in grants to schools since 2009 to help them accomplish their student wellness goals. See the full list of grant-funded schools for the 2020-2021 school year!
Grants for the 2021-2022 school year are now closed. AFHK is excited to offer grant opportunities for schools and districts in support of enhanced child health and well-being. See details below.
AFHK recognizes the uncertainty that the 2021-22 school year brings as districts and schools navigate the post-COVID learning environment. AFHK’s 21-22 NourishEd Grant provides financial and in-kind support to school districts to support post-COVID nutrition challenges by bringing districts, schools and families together to address critical student needs. Districts awarded with funds will start or enhance federal school meal programs and implement nutrition education in a cohort of schools.
AFHK has closed NourishEd Grant applications.
The application period for 2021-2022 school grants is now closed. AFHK expects to notify schools that have applied of their award in late June or early July. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Questions? Contact your AFHK State/Project Coordinator or email ContactUs@ActionforHealthyKids.org.
Applying for a grant is easy
Steps to Apply
- Review the Request for Applications and the application under Grant Resources.
- We recommend that you complete a paper application with your District School Health Advisory Council or school health team prior to submitting your application online. Once the paper application is complete, it will take ~30 minutes to submit online.
- Log in to or create an account on the Grant Portal. Applications must be submitted online.
- Once there, connect your account with the school or district for which you are applying. To do this, click on My Profile, then the Add or Manage Schools button.
- Click on Grants, and select the grant for which you are applying. Then, complete your application!
Grant Funding Catalyzes Community Support for Health
From Rooftop to Recess
Sign up for emails to stay up to date about future grants:Sign up!