Making Health a Priority and Meaning It
Thanks to our sponsors, Action for Healthy Kids has provided $9.3 million in grants to schools and districts since 2009 to help them accomplish their student wellness goals. See the full list of grant-funded districts for the 2021-2022 school year. Learn more about how we partner with funded districts.
Grants for the 2022-2023 school year are now available! See details below. Sign up for our emails to stay up to date on future grants, and find out how schools and districts like yours are putting their grants to work.
District Partnership Grants
The application period for 2022-2023 District Partnership Grants is now open! School district staff apply for support for district-level policy and professional development, as well as funding and professional development for schools within the district to support curricula/programs, best practices and policy implementation, and family-school partnerships to address social-emotional health and risk behavior prevention (ConnectEd), food access and nutrition education (NourishEd), and physical activity and active play (EnergizEd), and provide a learning environment where students are healthy in body and mind. All grants include monetary and in-kind support from AFHK.
School districts located in and around the following communities are eligible to apply for a District Partnership Grant: Chicago, IL | Jacksonville, FL | Palm Beach, FL | Friendship, NY.
Applications submitted by May 15, 2022 will receive first priority for review and funding. Applications will be reviewed beyond this date until all funds have been awarded.
Questions about District Partnership Grants? Email us at ContactUs@ActionforHealthyKids.org.
The application period for 2022-2023 school grants is now open! Schools will be awarded a $1,000 grant to support food access and nutrition education (NourishEd), physical activity and active play (EnergizEd), or social-emotional health and risk behavior prevention (ConnectEd). In addition to grant funds, awarded schools also receive expertise and support from AFHK staff to implement a successful project that leads to sustainable change.
Schools with greater than 74.5% of students eligible for free/reduced priced meals that are located in and around El Paso, TX and Las Cruces, NM are eligible to apply.
Applications are due May 20, 2022.
Questions about available school grants? Contact Michelle Smith, State Coordinator: MSmith@ActionforHealthyKids.org.
Questions? Contact your AFHK State/Project Coordinator or email ContactUs@ActionforHealthyKids.org.
Applying for a grant is easy
Steps to Apply
- Review the Request for Applications and the application under Grant Resources.
- We recommend that you complete a paper application with your District School Health Advisory Council or school health team prior to submitting your application online. Once the paper application is complete, it will take ~30 minutes to submit online.
- Log in to or create an account on the District/School Portal. Applications must be submitted online.
- Once there, connect your account with the school or district for which you are applying. To do this, click on My Profile, then the Add or Manage Schools button.
- Click on Grants, and select the grant for which you are applying. Then, complete your application!
Grant Funding Catalyzes Community Support for Health
From Rooftop to Recess
Sign up for emails to stay up to date about future grants:Sign up!