Making Health a Priority and Meaning It
Thanks to our sponsors, Action for Healthy Kids has provided $9.3 million in grants to schools since 2009 to help them accomplish their student wellness goals. See the full list of grant-funded schools for the 2020-2021 school year!
Grants for the 2021-2022 school year are still available for school districts. AFHK is excited to offer grant opportunities for schools and districts in support of enhanced child health and well-being. See details below.
District Partnership Grants
Through District Partnership Grants, AFHK establishes long-term partnerships with school districts and their schools that lead to lasting family-school partnerships, positive impacts on children’s health in body and in mind, and sustainable, systemic enhancements across multiple program areas. AFHK partners with districts for an initial four-year period to address three program areas: ConnectEd, NourishEd, and EnergizEd. Partner districts receive cash and in-kind support from AFHK throughout the partnership. The four-year value of the grant is over $465,000 with $65,000 as cash awards and $400,000 of in-kind products and services.
AFHK is currently accepting District Partnership Grant applications.
Ready to apply? Complete the grant application. NOTE: Paper applications will not be accepted. Districts must submit applications via AFHK's Grant Portal.
- District Grant Partnership Webinar Recording
- Review the District Partnership Grant Request for Applications to learn more.
- District Partnership Grant Application
- AFHK Grant Portal
- Learn more about Family-School Partnerships.
- Learn more about ConnectEd.
- Learn more about NourishEd.
- Learn more about EnergizEd.
Through School Grants, schools will be awarded a $1,000 grant to support ConnectEd, NourishEd or EnergizEd. In addition to grant funds, awarded schools also receive expertise and support from AFHK staff to implement a successful project that leads to sustainable change.
The application period for 2021-2022 school grants is now closed. AFHK expects to notify schools that have applied of their award in late June or early July.
- For districts: District Partnership Grant Request for Applications
- For districts: District Partnership Grant Application
- For schools: School Grant Request for Applications
- For schools: School Grant Application
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Find out how AFHK NourishEd grants help promote the social emotional health of students.
- Find out how AFHK EnergizEd grants help promote the social emotional health of students.
- Get ideas for integrating experiential learning into your grant application.
Questions? Contact your AFHK State/Project Coordinator or email ContactUs@ActionforHealthyKids.org.
Applying for a grant is easy
Steps to Apply
- Review the Request for Applications and the application under Grant Resources.
- We recommend that you complete a paper application with your District School Health Advisory Council or school health team prior to submitting your application online. Once the paper application is complete, it will take ~30 minutes to submit online.
- Log in to or create an account on the Grant Portal. Applications must be submitted online.
- Once there, connect your account with the school or district for which you are applying. To do this, click on My Profile, then the Add or Manage Schools button.
- Click on Grants, and select the grant for which you are applying. Then, complete your application!
Grant Funding Catalyzes Community Support for Health
From Rooftop to Recess
Sign up for emails to stay up to date about future grants:Sign up!