Decontructed Stuffed Pepper Bowls
A simplified take on a classic dish.
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 package fresh ground turkey
- 1 jar mild salsa
- 3 bell peppers (of any color)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Two cups uncooked rice will yield 4 cups cooked.
- While the rice cooks, chop bell peppers into bite-sized pieces. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and sauté peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and stir, breaking the meat up with a spatula or spoon for about 6 minutes.
- Add jar of salsa to pan and stir. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over prepared rice.
TIP: Add your favorite toppings, such as hot sauce, black beans, or avocado!
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!