Crunchy Fish Bites
This crunchy, crave-able protein is loaded with fiber and flavor.
- cooking spray
- 2 pounds fresh tilapia fillets, cut into bite sizes
- ground sea salt, to taste
- ground peppercorn, to taste
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups crushed bran flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper, to taste. Reserve.
- Whisk egg whites with water to create an egg wash. Reserve.
- In a food processor, pulse bran flakes, coconut, parsley and lemon zest until it resembles breadcrumbs. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl, whisk mustards, honey, lemon zest, lime zest, lime juice and yogurt together. Chill.
- Dip seasoned fish into egg wash then coat in bran mixture. Place a few inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Spray fish with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!