Chocolate Mug Cake
Treat yourself to a dessert that’s fast and fit.
- 2 tablespoons almond flour, or 2 tablespoons ground quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sifted baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar, or 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons creamy almond butter
- pinch of iodized table salt
- canola cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon semi-sweet morsels
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute, 30 seconds
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour, baking powder, baking cocoa, and coconut sugar. Stir to combine. Add almond milk, egg, vanilla extract, almond butter and a pinch of salt. Whisk until incorporated and batter is smooth. Lightly coat inside of mug with spray and pour batter into mug.
- Microwave mug cake for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Sprinkle mini morsels on top.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!