Cheesy Avocado Spinach Pasta
Put a twist on mac & cheese and help your kids get their daily veggies.
- 6 ounces fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 4 tablespoons of cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and cook 3 minutes, tossing frequently until they are soft. Toss with pasta.
- Add avocado, cheese and reserved cooking water. Toss until cheese melts. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!