Banana Breakfast Pudding with Pistachio Crumble
Who knew breakfast could be so sweet (and full of fiber)?
- 2 cups light, unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shelled, roasted and salted pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons buttery spread
- 1-1/2 cups raspberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Combine almond milk, mashed bananas, chia seeds, honey, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and orange peel.
- Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or until mixture thickens and chia seeds soften.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine oats, pistachio nuts, brown sugar, flax meal and remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg; rub into a mixture.
- Spread oat mixture on prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until browned. Cool.
- Layer several banana slices, raspberries and the pudding into 8 serving dishes.
- Sprinkle pistachio-crumble on top, and garnish with banana slide and raspberries.
Recipe courtesy of Dole. Visit Dole.com for more kid-friendly recipes!