2022: What a Year!
What a year it’s been! As we take time to reflect on the past 12 months, it is not lost on us how much we have to celebrate. In 2022, Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK):
Impacted Over 1 Million Students With Our Programming
- We engaged 1,000 parents and caregivers and facilitated 250 trusting, sustainable family-school partnerships in support of kids’ health.
- Our family-school partnership model has built a network of 55,000 students and 126,000 volunteers and champions who have improved existing systems, trained and equipped our partners and improved child health outcomes.
Kicked Off Our 20-Year Anniversary Celebration
- Board members (past and present), staff and National Conference attendees joined us in kicking off our 20-Year Anniversary Celebration.
- All end of year campaign donors will be a part of our 20-Year Anniversary Campaign!
Hosted Our First National Conference on Child Health and Well-Being
- Over 300 district and school leaders, educators, parents, caregivers and stakeholders enjoyed over 40 educational sessions.
- Participants from 25 states nationwide and even some international guests joined us to share their experiences and learn about school health best practices from many of the nation’s experts.
Merged With RMC Health
- Action for Healthy Kids and RMC Health announced our merger at our National Conference.
- Together, our new combined organization will tackle the health and well-being of America’s youth with greater impact.
- Please help us welcome RMC Health to our amazing community.
Made Many Impactful Connections
- We can’t be successful without the support of our incredible donors, friends, and volunteers – like you!
While the holiday season is filled with celebration for many of us, there are others who face daily health and well-being challenges. In the United States:
- 13 million kids live in food-insecure homes.
- Less than 25% of kids get the recommended 60 minutes of daily physical activity.
- 1 in 6 children ages 2-8 experience social emotional trauma.
Our goal over the next five years is to decrease health disparities and improve health outcomes among five million students across over 50 school districts with the most need.Will you give us another reason to celebrate? Partner with us by making a tax-deductible donation to provide kids with the support they need to be healthy in body and mind. Between now and December 31, we’re committed to raising $35,000. No amount is too small and every dollar is meaningful.
Categories: Around AFHK, Making Change Happen, People Taking Action