COVID-19 Support for Schools and Families
Action for Healthy Kids is meeting the needs of schools and families due to COVID-19. Read below to learn more about our Emergency Meal Distribution Equipment Grants made possible with support from our generous sponsors, ALDI and Cargill.
School nutrition professionals across the county have stepped up to ensure kids are fed during school closures and into the summer. Districts and schools have shared with us the need for additional equipment to create grab-and-go curbside meal pickups at schools and other locations within the community, additional hot and cold food storage containers, grab-and-go packaging materials, and mobile distribution to families in outlying or rural communities. Working with the equipment vendor, Hubert, AFHK is providing selected school districts with equipment credits for $1,000-$2,000 per site to purchase equipment to be used now and into the fall.
- Applications will be reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis: Applications submitted by Friday of each week will be reviewed and awarded by the following Friday.
- Awarded districts will receive a letter detailing their award with a purchasing code for their Hubert orders, and awarded districts will work with Hubert customer service to order the items needed.
- Deadline: Rolling deadline until all funds are awarded.
Eligibility: School districts (not individual schools) providing meals during school closures as a result of COVID-19 may apply for as many sites/schools that can use equipment. AFHK will fund as many within a district as possible.
- Priority will be given to school districts located near ALDI stores in the following states:
How to Apply
- Download the application and gather the necessary information.
- Enter the application for your district here.
- Upon submission of your district application, you’ll be redirected to an affiliation page where you’ll be asked to affiliate to your school district.
- For district who applied to our original offering in May, you do not need to re-apply. Look for a separate email with some additional questions and updates to the Terms and Conditions.
Questions? Please contact us (email@example.com)