Making Health a Priority and Meaning It
Thanks to our sponsors, Action for Healthy Kids has provided $8.7 million in grants to schools since 2009 to help them accomplish their student wellness goals. See the full list of grant-funded schools for the 2019-2020 school year!
We are not currently accepting grant applications for the 2020-2021 school year but sign up for our emails to stay up to date on future grants, and find out how schools like yours are putting their grants to work.
General Grant Resources
- AFHK School Grants Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about the AFHK school support services for grantees.
- Find out how AFHK nutrition grants help promote the social emotional learning (SEL) of students.
- Find out how AFHK physical activity grants help promote the social emotional learning (SEL) of students.
Questions? Contact your AFHK State Coordinator or email ContactUs@ActionforHealthyKids.org.
Applying for a grant is easy
Steps to Apply
- Determine which grant(s) your school will apply for. Review the application and application instructions under School Grant Resources.
- Game On grant applicants must complete the School Health Survey as the first step.
- Register for the grant webinar(s) to learn about specific grant details and eligibility requirements, and receive helpful tips for applying. See School Grant Resources for webinar registration links.
- We recommend that you complete a paper application (see above for School Grant Resources) with your school health team prior to submitting your application online. Once the paper application is complete, it will take ~30 minutes to submit online.
- Log in to or create an account on the school portal. Applications must be submitted online.
- Once there, connect your account with the school(s) for which you are applying. To do this, click on My Profile, then the Add or Manage Schools button.
- Click on Grants, and select the grant(s) for which your school would like to apply. Then, complete your application!
Grant Funding Catalyzes Community Support for Health
From Rooftop to Recess
Sign up for emails to stay up to date about future grants:Sign up!