Welcome to the Kansas Team
Action for Healthy Kids® is the nation’s leading nonprofit and largest volunteer network fighting childhood obesity and undernourishment by helping schools become healthier places so our kids can learn to eat right, are active every day and ready to learn. In Kansas, our teams’ vision is to help schools across the state to engage diverse organization, leaders and volunteers in actions that foster sound nutrition and good physical activity in children, youth and schools. For the 2011-12 school year, are goals are to:
- Recruit active volunteers across the state to help create healthy schools.
- Host fundraising event to raise funds to support in-school health and wellness grant opportunities.
- Provide grants to schools focused on empowering students to eat healthy and be physically active.
- Educate coordinated school health leaders about Fuel Up to Play 60.
The Kansas Action for Healthy Kids Team is a coalition of volunteer health and nutrition professionals and other community members who take action in schools and communities throughout Kansas. We need volunteers like you to help continue doing great work across Kansas!
- To attend Action for Healthy Kids events, sign on to become an advocate, or share your ideas, please join our Team!
Spring into Fintess
Spring Into Fitness-5K Run is sponsored by Kansas Action for Healthy Kids in partnership with MidAmerica Nazarene University (MNU) School of Business. Spring Into Fitness will raise funds to support wellness grants in Kansas schools and kickoff Let’s Move In School. To learn more information and register (registration available Jan. 1, 2013). Early bird registration ends April 6th!
5K Run = 8:00 am
KS City Chiefs, KC Wolf will be in attendance to start the race.
MidAmerica Nazarene University (MNU) Cook Center (Olathe, KS)