Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:15AM - 3:30PM
Hilton Garden Inn
Phone: (217) 352-9970
1501 South Neil Street
The 7th Annual Illinois School Wellness Conference is hosted by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and Illinois Action for Healthy Kids. Conference sessions will highlight successful school health and wellness-related outreach in schools, innovative projects that improve the overall health of the school community, and emerging issues impacting school health and wellness. Attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the conference to receive 5 CPDUs.
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Featured tracks include:
- School Nutrition
- School Breakfast
- Physical Activity
- Coordinated School Health
- Early Childhood
The conference is intended for school administrators, educators, physical education teachers, school food personnel, school nurses, school health/wellness team members, board members and other leaders of health organizations, students and community advocates. See the full conference agenda here.
Registrants may pay via credit card or check. If paying by check, please send payment to Action for Healthy Kids,600 West Van Buren Blvd., Suite 720, Chicago, IL 60607, Attention: Heidi Knoblock. Please also include “Illinois Wellness Conference 2014” and the name of the attendee in the memo section of the check.
There are a myriad of hotel options in Champaign-Urbana in addition to the conference location, Hilton Garden Inn, 1501 S. Neil Street, Champaign, (217) 352-9970. A few hotels – none specifically endorsed by AFHK – include:
- Hawthorn Suites by Wydham, 101 Trade Center Drive, Champaign, (217) 398-3400
- Homewood Suites by Hilton, 1417 S. Neil Street, Champaign, (217) 352-9960
- 1 Hotel and Conference Center, 1900 S. 1st Street, Champaign, (217) 819-5000
- Hampton Inn, 1200 W. University Avenue, Urbana, (217) 337-1100
- Country Inn and Suites, 602 W. Marketview Drive, Champaign, (217) 355-6666
- Baymont Inn & Suites, 302 W. Anthony Drive, Champaign, (217) 424-0140